School lessons that you'll never forget

Reminisce about products you remember from your childhood.
Kool
Mega + Poster
Mega + Poster

School lessons that you'll never forget

Post by Kool » Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:12 pm

Any memorable school lessons that stick with you? I remember one Biology lesson, at the end of term, when Miss P obviously didn't feel like teaching us. She opened up the glass display case of stick-insects and gave us each one to play with. That was a totally brilliant 40 minutes.

(Did you know - if you hold a stick-insect up by its tail, it curls round so its front feet are on the inside of your wrist and starts crawling up your arm?)

(No animals, or insects, were hurt during the course of this lesson).
Kool

Look back, dream forward, enjoy today!

Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Bluebottle » Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:39 pm

I remember my first ever lesson at 'big' school. It was maths, and the teacher (Tony A) walked in 10 minutes late, finishing off a cigarette. 'Soryy I'm late, lads', he said, 'but I was gasping for a fag' :lol:
? I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

starz92
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by starz92 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 6:23 am

My most memorable lesson was one that was interrupted by possibly the best teacher in the whole darn world.
Mr. Dakin came into our lesson and fished out a few people (including me) who he thought was responsible enough to not be too silly, and we went and raided the year 4s, who were the celts, and we were vikings and we just ran in and invaded them because that's how the celts were- taken by surprise!
Mr. Dakin rocked- he used to make us do silly poems and he madde little characters for us to colour in at the top of worksheets, like Cubey or Triangl-ey...

Aw, I wish I was seven again now...
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by dave mc » Thu Jun 07, 2007 7:01 am

I remember loads...

Okay there was the time in Biology and we were doing this experiment with a rubber tube, expelling water from a large glass tube and I thought it was funny to make 'farty' noises with the tube in the water, thinking that the teacher was still out of the room. But she wasn't, she was stood behind me. She yanked the tube out of my hand and whipped me across the face :? She'd get three years in jail if she did that nowadays.

A more memorable time was when we went on a school trip to Mallam Tarn, up on the moors. The ogre of a teacher we went with was probably the last teacher you would want to be with, 'bummer Hunter' as we affectionatley called him. Anyways it turned out to be one of the best trips we've ever been on, he turned out to be such a laugh. He even joined in when we tried to throw some of the girls in the Tarn. I went in clothes totally unacceptable for walking on the moors and when it starting raining (like it does without any notice) he had been carrying round a couple of spare plastic coats and trousers, and let some of us wear them. Turned out to be a top bloke.
Turned back into the ogre when we got back to school, though.
Dave Mc Image

starz92
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by starz92 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:01 pm

GREAT!

Kool
Mega + Poster
Mega + Poster

Post by Kool » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:21 pm

I remember a teacher in primary school telling us all to leave our desks and huddling us up into the corner of the room, all squashed together, when he was telling us about the Black Hole of Calcutta.
Kool

mitsy
Mega + Poster
Mega + Poster

Post by mitsy » Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:38 am

I remember in the first year of high school our maths teacher was off sick, when we found out that we would be having the Head teacher covering the lesson we Shat ourselves. However we did not learn a thing about maths instead sang old east end songs all lesson and when he heard our ice cream van arrive he took us down into the playground (30 mins early) and bought us all an ice cream ... bless him!

Kool
Mega + Poster
Mega + Poster

Post by Kool » Fri Jul 20, 2007 5:05 pm

Wow! What a brilliant Headmaster!! Icecreams all round. :D (I take it he bought you an ice cream for each child, and not just one to share?)
Kool

Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Bluebottle » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:10 pm

My deputy head used to arrange snowball fights during the winter. Until everyone decided it would be a good idea to snowball him :twisted:
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

starz92
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by starz92 » Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:48 am

Poor man!

pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by pandammonium » Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:43 pm

My deputy head was a witch.
007 Panda: Licenced to Spell

--

Remember to search for your topic before adding a new thread.

mitsy
Mega + Poster
Mega + Poster

Post by mitsy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:19 pm

Kool wrote:Wow! What a brilliant Headmaster!! Icecreams all round. :D (I take it he bought you an ice cream for each child, and not just one to share?)

Yeah we got one each :lol: I am trying to remember the name of the one that I always got at school. I think it was Jazz or Yazz or something, it was a kind of pink, purple, turquoise and beige stripey marble effect in colour and tasted like toffe/butterscotch. I have not seen them for ages. They were the best.

pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by pandammonium » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:01 am

You should search for it on the forum - see if anyone's started a thread about them ;)

If not, you could start one 8)
007 Panda: Licenced to Spell

--

Remember to search for your topic before adding a new thread.

dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by dave mc » Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:53 am

That's what we're here for. :wink:
Dave Mc Image

Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Bluebottle » Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:17 am

I had a quick scout round t'internet, and couldn't find them. A deeper search is needed, methinks :?

Return to “Do you remember?”