Worst ever name change

Do you know of a product which has changed its name?
Post Reply
User avatar
Smurfy
Gold Star
Gold Star
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:05 pm

Worst ever name change

Post by Smurfy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:05 pm

What gets your vote?

Mine goes to Cesar - the dog food formally known as Mr Dog. Mr Dog was the perfect name; simple, and it summed up the brand perfectly in my opinion. Where the hell did they get Cesar from?


User avatar
Kool
Mega + Poster
Mega + Poster
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:00 pm

Post by Kool » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:12 pm

I'd have to choose "Snickers". It's not exactly a frequently used word in this country, is it? Not like good old "Marathon".
And I've just found this on the web:
Image
So it seems that now they've brought out a US version which IS called Marathon!! I am CONFUSED! Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_25
Kool

Look back, dream forward, enjoy today!

pfmc24
Gold Star
Gold Star
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:00 pm

Worst name change ever

Post by pfmc24 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:34 pm

Got to be Cif.
What the hell is Cif supposed to mean?
Perhaps Jif is an obscenity in Turkish or something, I am told Reebok is!

pfmc24
Gold Star
Gold Star
Posts: 153
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:00 pm

Post by pfmc24 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:39 pm

OK, before anyone tells me, I should have read all previous Cif/Jif posts first.
My excuse, too much ovies.

User avatar
pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator
Posts: 5028
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 7:28 pm
Contact:

Post by pandammonium » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:48 pm

Kool, those Marathon bars aren't really Marathon bars - and it's also been discussed to death elsewhere ;)

Also, Marathons in the USA are our Curly Wurlies.

So there you go. :)
007 Panda: Licenced to Spell

--

Remember to search for your topic before adding a new thread.


Bubblehead
Double Gold
Double Gold
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:57 pm

Re: Worst ever name change

Post by Bubblehead » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:19 am

Smurfy wrote:What gets your vote?

Mine goes to Cesar - the dog food formally known as Mr Dog. Mr Dog was the perfect name; simple, and it summed up the brand perfectly in my opinion. Where the hell did they get Cesar from?
I worry about you. you haven't got a dog!

Bubblehead
Double Gold
Double Gold
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:57 pm

Post by Bubblehead » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:20 am

anything that changes its name to something that sounds like knickers aint good.

dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator
Posts: 6209
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:13 am
Location: Leeds

Post by dave mc » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:22 am

Bubblehead wrote:anything that changes its name to something that sounds like knickers aint good.
Very good point. :wink:
Dave Mc Image

User avatar
Smurfy
Gold Star
Gold Star
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:05 pm

Post by Smurfy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:26 am

pandammonium wrote:Kool, those Marathon bars aren't really Marathon bars - and it's also been discussed to death elsewhere ;)

Also, Marathons in the USA are our Curly Wurlies.

So there you go. :)
Not really relevant to this thread though is it?

Bubblehead
Double Gold
Double Gold
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:57 pm

Post by Bubblehead » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:58 pm

No

User avatar
Kool
Mega + Poster
Mega + Poster
Posts: 694
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:00 pm

Post by Kool » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:52 pm

(And I was only casting my vote. He didn't say you couldn't vote for something that was mentioned elsewhere :cry: ).
Kool

Look back, dream forward, enjoy today!

User avatar
Smurfy
Gold Star
Gold Star
Posts: 180
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:05 pm

Re: Worst ever name change

Post by Smurfy » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:40 am

Bubblehead wrote:
Smurfy wrote:What gets your vote?

Mine goes to Cesar - the dog food formally known as Mr Dog. Mr Dog was the perfect name; simple, and it summed up the brand perfectly in my opinion. Where the hell did they get Cesar from?
I worry about you. you haven't got a dog!
I'm not a monk either but I know what a monastery is! :wink:

Bubblehead
Double Gold
Double Gold
Posts: 216
Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:57 pm

Post by Bubblehead » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:54 am

Really?


Post Reply

Return to “Product Name Changes”