Rover, Rover please come over

Already mentioned are British Bulldog and Kiss Chase. What else do you remember? Only the clean ones please!!
Sister Suze
Purple Star
Purple Star

Rover, Rover please come over

Post by Sister Suze » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:18 pm

You'd have to run from one end of the playground to the other, without getting caught by 'the opposition' who would be standing in the centre trying to catch you. And if you did get caught, you'd then be part of the team in the centre, and have to catch people as they tried to run across the playground.
When the chips are down, for mash get Smash!

Sister Suze
Purple Star
Purple Star

SORRY!

Post by Sister Suze » Sat Dec 04, 2004 1:48 pm

:( I have just been informed by my other half that Rover Rover please come over IS, in fact, British Bulldog!

Fancy getting to my age and not realising that?! How have I got through all these years with such a knowledge gap?! How embarrassing. :oops:
When the chips are down, for mash get Smash!

max31268
Gold Star
Gold Star

Red Rover, Red Rover

Post by max31268 » Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:34 pm

Red rover was two teams facing each other, linking arms. One team went first and chanted, "Red Rover, Red Rover send ****** over." That person then had to run into the opposite team and try and break the link. If they suceeded, they could take back one of the opposing team and if they didn't, they had to join that team. The game ended when there were no members left on one team, and in my case, my mouth cut open. Not for the faint hearted.

Slippy Tin
Mega ++++ Poster
Mega ++++ Poster

Post by Slippy Tin » Sat Dec 04, 2004 7:32 pm

Red Rover was the reason for many a broken arm or sprained wrist amongst my peers as a youth. Especially when the "big boned" lad from across the way was playing!
Slippy Tin: You might like it!

A VERY young 46 year old
Triple Gold
Triple Gold

Post by A VERY young 46 year old » Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:48 am

We would play this at Scouts.

Return to “Playground Games”