Kings and Queens

Already mentioned are British Bulldog and Kiss Chase. What else do you remember? Only the clean ones please!!
starz92
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Kings and Queens

Post by starz92 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:56 pm

You got a bench at either end of a playground; two groups of people, boys against girls; two balls, (enough jokes, Dave.) and a seperator in the form of a rope going down the middle which you were not allowed to cross. The 'goalies' were arranged like a footie pitch, but with the goalie on a bench. They were called either the King or the Queen. The ball was thrown at the opponent's legs, or anywhere below the hip. If you liked, you could throw the ball to your Monarch, who could then secretly throw the ball at the opposition from the other side. If you hit a person below the hip, they had to join their Monarch on the bench and do the same job. When there are five people on the bench, once you've hit someone you are freed again. The winning team is the one with most players left. Anyone heard of it????
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

Xetal
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Xetal » Mon Jan 08, 2007 9:32 pm

Detachable benches left in a playground at playtime??? Just how posh is your school??? :shock:
Sworn, b'loody!

Xetal

dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by dave mc » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:27 am

starz92 wrote:two balls, (enough jokes, Dave.)

...as if! :wink:
Dave Mc Image

starz92
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by starz92 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:51 pm

No. Not posh. Not my primary school, anyway. We were feral children. We wrenched the benches from the walls, I believe. When we were kids, we were all so innocent. Now we've gone to secondary school everyone's a chav! Apart from me, of course! :wink:
Even a stopped clock tells the right time twice a day.

Return to “Playground Games”