Football

You've probably worked this out. Current programmes you could live without.

Do you like football

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 10

Jeff
Gold Star
Gold Star

Football

Post by Jeff » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:37 pm

Am I alone in the male population in not liking football? :roll:

To me it's 22 men running round a field chasing something only marginally less intelligent than themselves.

TV allways seems to pander to the lowest levels (Football Fans aka Sun readers) so whenever BBC or ITV can get the rights to a game it pushes all the normal intelligent and semi intelligent programmes out of the way as if it's more important.

If you want to watch football, get cable or Sky.

Jeff
I bet that's opened a can of worms. :D

Xetal
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Xetal » Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:22 pm

I like football. I like to watch it on Sky (or anywhere else for that matter.)

But after living in America I'm used to people who don't like or understand soccer. My brother shares your distaste, too.

My admiration of your ability to keep up this attitude against such overwhelming prejudice knows no bounds - as long as you don't voice it while I'm watching football, of course. Then you and my brother would deserve each other! Image
Sworn, b'loody!

Xetal

dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by dave mc » Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:31 am

I like to watch football occasionally, say, when my local team Leeds United (don't laugh) are being shown on t.v (which isn't very often) or an important England match, or the World Cup and maybe even the European Championships, but after that I'm not interested at all.
I would certainly never go and PAY to see a football match, not unless they started charging about ?2.50 to get in...............

No chance of that then.
Dave Mc Image

Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Bluebottle » Wed Jan 12, 2005 2:12 pm

Leeds? well, someone has to :lol:

I remeber, way back when, paying only ?2.50 to get in. Now my season ticket is slightly more then that :shock:

[Cough]1973[/Cough]
? I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

A VERY young 46 year old
Triple Gold
Triple Gold

Post by A VERY young 46 year old » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:35 pm

I'd rather have my skin torn from my body with a mole grip (slowly), rolled in salt, hosed down with seawater, and left to bake in the sun whilst listening to Des O'conner sing the hits of Morrissy.
Than watch a football match, unless my 7 year old is playing for his school team, now that is fun...1 all draw this morrning.
(do you mean people pay to watch football).

Return to “I'm a viewer/listener, get me out of here”