Paper games

Pick Up Sticks, Board Games, Card Games etc etc. What you did before TV and Videos.
dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by dave mc » Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:47 am

I remember doing that once, at a party.

Yes, very funny.

I was asking the kids in class last night, about chumping, (you know looking for wood for bonfire night) and they all looked at me blank. So I got on to some of the things we've talked about on here, and most of them replied with...
"wouldn't dare play that, that's what me mam used to play, like hundreds of years ago"
If it doesn't involve a Nintendo DS, Ipod or other such modern gadgetry, they don't want to know. :roll:
Dave Mc Image

mitsy
Mega + Poster
Mega + Poster

Post by mitsy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:21 am

Blimey, they spend hours playing those things for hours don't they? Occasionally your hear the console come out with a comment like 'Good job' or 'You rock dude' or some other crap, no wonder their vocabulary is so bad (as I read recently). They need Charliemonks game and quickly.... Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_24

mitsy
Mega + Poster
Mega + Poster

Post by mitsy » Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:22 am

mitsy wrote:Blimey, they spend hours playing those things for hours don't they? Occasionally you hear the console come out with a comment like 'Good job' or 'You rock dude' or some other crap, no wonder their vocabulary is so bad (as I read recently). They need Charliemonks game and quickly.... Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_24

pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by pandammonium » Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:09 pm

mitsy wrote:Blimey, they spend hours playing those things for hours don't they? Occasionally your hear the console come out with a comment like 'Good job' or 'You rock dude' or some other crap, no wonder their vocabulary is so bad (as I read recently). They need Charliemonks game and quickly.... Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_24
If you believe that, you should this Language Log post. It's written by a proper linguist, who knows what he's talking about.
007 Panda: Licenced to Spell

--

Remember to search for your topic before adding a new thread.

Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Bluebottle » Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:52 pm

[quote[Chumping[/quote]

:?: :!:

Never heard it called that before! (Although I do remember one year disturbing a tramp, who was sleeping under the pile of wood we were about to burn... :shock:
? I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by dave mc » Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:59 pm

Chumping (Collecting and fetching wood for the bonfire)

Probably regional to Leeds/Yorkshire. :)
Dave Mc Image

Return to “Other Games”