Citroens in general

The cars you remember and why you liked them.
Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Citroens in general

Post by Bluebottle » Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:46 am

PORPOISE wrote:Does anyone have a Citroen? or

Does anyone have a Citroen that hasn'y had problems?
Moving on from a previous thread, yes, I am a 2nd-time Citroen owner, first an AX, and currently a C2.

While the AX had the odd niggle, it kept on going for a good nine years before holes started appearing in crucial bits of bodywork.

However, don't get me started on my C2.

Why do you ask?
? I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

PORPOISE
Gold Star
Gold Star

Post by PORPOISE » Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:39 pm

I'll give you that actually! The AX was one of only 2 really cool Citroens - it and the DS with its swivelling headlights. The Ax weighed about as much as a jaycloth so pretty much any engine would have gone well in it but the GT - pre catalyst was the stormer of the bunch, Mind you, you had to drive them carefully cos if you were to hit something........

Xetal
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Xetal » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:14 pm

The DS was miles ahead of its time: it was one of very few cars that made me envious when I saw others driving it.

My mother drove a BX, which she was very fond of, but I've never driven a Citroen.
Sworn, b'loody!

Xetal

Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Bluebottle » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:27 pm

Well, my AX only had the basic 1.0 engine. With just me in, it was pretty nippy, but with even one passenger it would start to struggle.

Mind you, I didn't drive it like it was a basic car, probably explains why the suspension was knackered, the engine leaked a bit, the brakes needed frequent replacement... :oops:
? I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by pandammonium » Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:08 pm

I'd be a scary driver if my car had a bigger engine. My car's not a Citroen though, so I can't tell you about it here ;)
007 Panda: Licenced to Spell

--

Remember to search for your topic before adding a new thread.

Return to “Cars you liked”