Great T.V sporting moments

Like Superman on the radio (great for the imagination), likewise Journey Into Space, or the TeleGoons. Showing my age now!!
charliechops
Mega ++ Poster
Mega ++ Poster

Post by charliechops » Sat Apr 02, 2005 5:37 pm

On the subject of Spurs, anyone remember the 1981 F.A cup final replay between Tottenham and Man City. A classic game screened on a wednesday night. I remember having to write a report about the game for the school magazine. The first tie ended in a 1-1 draw with City's Tommy Hutchinson scoring at both ends. But the replay was a much more exciting affair and finished 3-2 to Spurs with Ricky Villa scoring that superb solo goal. They still sometimes show that goal on those great sporting moments programmes.
Last edited by charliechops on Sun May 22, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Bluebottle » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:19 am

A great sporting moment this weekend...

Dyer and Bower fighting each other on the pitch :lol:

(OK, it's not very sporting behaviour, but it makes 'them up the road' look bad :lol: )
? I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

pandammonium
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by pandammonium » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:23 pm

Shows their true colours :wink:

I bet Shearer's regretting putting his paw-print on that bit of paper now... :lol:
007 Panda: Licenced to Spell

--

Remember to search for your topic before adding a new thread.

Mr M
Triple Gold
Triple Gold

Post by Mr M » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:46 pm

charliechops wrote:On the subject of Spurs, anyone remember the 1981 F.A cup final replay between Tottenham and Man City. A classic game screened on a wednesday night. I remember having to write a report about the game for the school magazine. The first tie ended in a 1-1 draw with City's Tommy Hutchinson scoring at both ends. But the replay was a much more exciting affair and finished 3-1 to Spurs with Ricky Villa scoring that superb solo goal. They still sometimes show that goal on those great sporting moments programmes.
I remember watching both the Final & the Reply :!: Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_02 As you say the Reply was some match with Villa's 'Wonder' goal :!: =D> I think some where beginning to wonder why Spur's had purchased the two 'Argies' but they both showed their worth during that match :!: :-8

\:D/
Mr M

"I'm playing all the right notes.....but not necessarily in the right order!"

BigGazza
Purple Star
Purple Star

Post by BigGazza » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:17 am

No-one ever mentions Steve Mckenzies fantastic volley in the same game, sadly overshadowed by Villas dribble.

My " i can't believe what i'm watching" moment is the last 2 mins of the 1999 Champions League final - I'm not a Man Utd fan by a long stretch, but I was literally juming round the room when the winner went in......
" I prefer a flan."

dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by dave mc » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:12 am

I don't think any of us will be mentioning anything about England and the 2006 World Cup in this thread, do you? :roll:
Dave Mc Image

cobblerian
Triple Gold
Triple Gold

Post by cobblerian » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:04 pm

Us north-british types might be tempted!

black-knight
Gold Star
Gold Star

Post by black-knight » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:22 pm

Now, now! We aren't good enough to comment, are we?
Platinum Halo

Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Bluebottle » Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:28 pm

There's been a world cup? :roll:
? I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

Bubblehead
Double Gold
Double Gold

Post by Bubblehead » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:54 pm

I hate all sport.

Return to “Do you remember TV or Radio programmes?”