Site Downtime

Announcements from admin of Bring It Back
eccles
Site Admin

Site Downtime

Post by eccles » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:46 pm

This coming weekend I am going to attempt to move the forum to a new hosting service.

This means the forum will be unavailable for sometime while the data is moved. I will try to complete this on Saturday 26 March.

I have decided to move because of the problems there have been with the current hosting service I have, with the site not being available and the SQL side falling over.

Hopefully the new hosting company will be more reliable [-o<

If you have bookmarked the forum rather than the index page, you will need to update you bookmarks after the move.

I will set up an index page here with the new forum address. With a bit of luck, none of the existing posts will be lost.

Many thanks for all of your support and posts over the last couple of months. It really is appreciated.

Wish me luck with the move.

eccles

eccles
Site Admin

Post by eccles » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:50 am

The change of hosting company and the move of the forum seems to have gone successfully :lol:

There is one bug I might not be able to fix :oops: If you have put a link in a post to another thread in the forum, it will try to access the old host and will not display the message. That's because it's no longer there. I will have another look, but I don't think it is easily fixed.

It took a while as the size of the SQL database was large and had to be split to allow me to upload it to the new host.

If you have any problem accessing the forum, please email admin@bringitback.info and I will try to sort it.

eccles

Return to “Messages from Admin”