Pan Yan Pickle

The products you would like to see back on the shelves of shops.
verytalldave
Double Gold
Double Gold

Post by verytalldave » Mon May 14, 2007 11:26 am

I have just e-mailed Premier Foods (the manufacturer and brand name owner of PanYan) with the following message...................Lets see if I get a reply.............:?:

Sirs...........
I understand you hold the manufacturing rights and brand name to this now discontinued product.
I, like very many others sadly miss this pickle and truly mourn its passing on our shops shelves.
I wonder if you have any plans to re-introduce this wonderful product in either the near or distant future.
Subject to your reply to that question, and assuming that the answer would be in the negative, I was wondering what quantity of minimum order you would require to consider in producing a batch run? This is a most serious enquiry, as I feel that there would be more than enough interest from the pickle buying public to justify this request.
I will not pursue this enquiry any further at this point, but should you wish to get back to me with a genuine answer and not a stock reply, then I would be very grateful.
I now await you reply.

Many thanks in anticipation.........

Regards with fingers crossed.........

verytalldave
Double Gold
Double Gold

Post by verytalldave » Mon May 14, 2007 12:04 pm

Well, that was a quick reply. Premier foods are at least on the ball, even if the reply was not what I wanted to read........see for yourselves below.
It would be perhaps too much to hope for that their marketing department comes back with some better news........
I will of course keep you informed......

I wonder how many enquires it might take to change their minds ? ? ? ?

Thank you for your recent email.

We are very sorry to inform you that we no longer produce this product and
haven't done for a number of years. We realise that you will be
disappointed to learn this. We do still get enquiries for this product and
we have passed on your comments onto our Marketing Department for their
records. We will continue to pass any enquiries onto Marketing for their
information.

Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Kind Regards

verytalldave
Double Gold
Double Gold

Post by verytalldave » Mon May 14, 2007 3:41 pm

Not being someone who lets things be, I have just phoned Premier foods on their customer careline number (0800-085-3959) and a very nice, helpful young lady listened to me moaning on for a good few minutes about the lack of PanYan. She told me that all calls are logged and passed onto their marketing department for further perusal and consideration. She also told me that the more that phone in, the greater the chance of it being resurected. She also said that quite a number had already phoned in and I was not the only one by a long way to say this.
I did get the general impression that it was not totally out the question for PanYan to get a the green light. So its all down to customer pressure guys and gals. Let them know there is enough people out there who want it, and who knows............ :P :P :P :P

dave mc
Double Mega & Moderator
Double Mega & Moderator

Post by dave mc » Tue May 15, 2007 7:05 am

Post their email address VTD and we can all bombard them. :wink:
Dave Mc Image

verytalldave
Double Gold
Double Gold

Post by verytalldave » Tue May 15, 2007 8:48 am

E-Mails wont have the desired effect I can assure you. I reckon the only way to actually register your feelings with Premier foods is to phone them as I did on their customer care number (as shown above). Its an 0800 number - so its free to ring and it dont cost you a ting.

However, if you do want their e-mail address its.......
webmaster@premierfoods.co.uk

Donald 42
Just Starting

Post by Donald 42 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:23 pm

Due to the uproar created by Chris Evans, Premier Foods have announced that the recipe for Pan Yan Pickle has been destroyed in a fire. I can help, i manufactured Pan Yan for 12 years from 1990 until Premier Foods Bought the brand from Nestle and de-listed it. It was made in Hadfield, Derbyshire otherwise known as Royston Vasey. My former colleagues and myself between us can remember the recipe, and are in contact with the relevant people. So , if Pan Yan appears on the shelf again, maybe you will have us to thank, wish us luck.

Bluebottle
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Bluebottle » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:00 pm

Welcome to the forum, Donald.

Good luck in your quest to return Pan Yan to the shelves :good:
? I must have some booze. I demand to have some booze.
? This place has become impossible. Nothing to eat, freezing cold and now a madman on the prowl outside with eels.

Xetal
Double Mega + Poster
Double Mega + Poster

Post by Xetal » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:49 pm

Welcome, Donald - and thanks in advance! (Unless that was actually a ploy not to start manufacturing again, of course....)
Sworn, b'loody!

Xetal

charliemonk
Quadruple Gold
Quadruple Gold

Post by charliemonk » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:34 pm

OOOOhhh!!! :thumbleft:
Firstly, Welcome Donald!
Secondly, What a great piece of info.
Thirdly.....Do YOU live in Royston Vasey? :toothy5:

Chutneyking
Just Starting

pan yan pickle

Post by Chutneyking » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:32 am

Hi All I agree with you all about pan yan pickle it was a great loss to us and to find out that the recipe has gone up in smoke is a shame. But, and there is always a but, as you can guess by my log in name we make chutneys and preserves, which happens to include pickle, we are a small business working from home and produce and pack all our products, which just happens to include a fruit pickle based on PAN YAN .We thought why not have a go at making a pickle like PAN YAN A couple of batches have been made and tested on friends and family, who love it,
It has the fruity flavour and the kick of the spices. If anyone is interested in trying some pm me and when the next batch is ready (has to be left at least a month before use ) Ill organise a list and send some sample pots out. All I ask is for feed back and we will take it from there.

Mike. Brambles Croft Home Made Foods.
www.bramblescroft.com

verytalldave
Double Gold
Double Gold

Re: Pan Yan Pickle

Post by verytalldave » Sun Oct 04, 2009 3:17 am

An update on where we all appear to be regarding the re-emergence of Pan Yan pickle.

Apparently, the original recipe has been sourced and Premier foods in East Anglia have been reported as saying that Pan Yan should be back on our shelves.
Although when this might take place they didn't say.
I look nearly every week for signs of this elixir in my local supermarkets, but nothing so far.............unfortunately.....
But at least there seem to be a chance that this might take place. It would be great if it happens before Christmas.
Cold turkey with Pan Yan...................
Almost heaven.

verytalldave
Double Gold
Double Gold

Post by verytalldave » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:48 pm

Pan Yan pickle returns....................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its on your local supermarket shelves NOW ! ! ! ! ! !

YES.............THATS RIGHT ! ! ! ! YOU DIDNT GET IT WRONG ! ! ! !

I have just had some fresh bread with some mature chedder - and its DEEEEEEEEEEELIOUS................ Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04 Yellow_Flash_Colorz_PDT_04

HOWEVER...........................and its a big however..........

Its not to be found with a PAN YAN label on the jar.................... :?: :?: :?: :?:

Confused ? ? ? ? :?:

Buy a jar of BAXTERS "Albert's Victorian Chutney with citrus zest".

The taste is more or less identical to how I remember PanYan from all those years ago.

In fact................I may even dare to suggest the ultimate................that its actually BETTER.

Buy a jar and give it the taste test for yourselves..................and strike me down in flames if you don't agree...................

All I now have to do is wait for Christmas to have some with a plate of cold turkey and boiled ham..............................

I can hardly wait...........................

anitadip
Just Starting

Post by anitadip » Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:38 pm

I have pined and pined for the return of this pickle. I have just bought Opies Organic Sweet Pickle from Asda. £1.41 per jar. I think it is the nearest you will get to
the taste of Pan Yan Pickle and I have bought so many in the hope that this flavour would be replicated. I would love to know what anyone out there thinks.

Return to “What do you miss?”